Monday, January 1, 2007

Jan 1st I decided to start a poker bolg

Today as its a new year I decided to start a pokerblog. Yep another one of those, I want to record how I turned $45 into a couple thousand playing on Fulltilt.

So far I started yesterday with $45 and am now at $500 after playing about 12 hours! $1/2 & $4/8O8 and $1/2 holdem

Until this hand came up:

o8 4/8 Fulltilt

Hero 2c5sJcAs
Missipimachine 7s9dAsAd
7hecaptain XXXX

Preflop action, riases till action is capped at $24 each

3 Players take the flop

Flop KsQsAh
(Here I was thinking I've got the nut flush draw and a draw for a straight & the backdoor low, I've seen Missipimachine (Missi) playing 3 high cards, A3,A4 lows, and 4,5,6,7 etc, 7hecaptain looks pretty average solid player who probably came in with A2XX)

Flop action Miss Bets$8, Hero Raises to $16 both 7thcaptain & Missipimachine call
(I try to get 7hecaption out of the pot)

Turn
KsQsAh9h
Turn 7hecaptain checks, Missi Bets $16 & both Hero & 7hecaptain call
(Ok here I put Missi on a high hand, maybe the straight J10XX or 3 pairs K,Q,10 X) So I am drawing to the flush or straight.

River
KsQsAh9h5d

(Ok now I have 2 pair)
River 7hecaptain checks, Missi Bets $16 & Hero calls & 7hecaptain Folds

Missi wins $204
How would you have played it?

That pushed me down to low $400s then some crappy badbeat drawouts carried me down to $300, & the table became more volatile.

No comments:

About Me

I am a business person full time. And play Omaha Hilo poker part time.I have played many times in Las Vegas, mainly $5/10 at Mirage (Also played at Caesars, Montecarlo, Flamingo etc). I have also won poker tourneys at Sahara & Excalibur. I have supplied links to many fine professional poker stars.